Public Policy Polling released a new poll yesterday about conspiracy theories that circulate among political groups. The findings are pretty scary, and explain why those in Congress believe shutting down the government is a good thing, not bad. Here are some of the findings:
* 62% of Republicans believe the Obama administration is secretly trying to take everyone’s guns away;
* 44% of Republicans believe President Obama is secretly trying to figure out a way to stay in office beyond January 2017;
* 42% of Republicans fear Sharia Law making its way into America’s courts
* 21% of Republicans believe that the U.S. government engages in so-called “false flag” operations, where the government plans and executes terrorist or mass shooting events;
* 27% of Republicans think a group of world bankers are slowly eliminating paper currency to force most banking online — only to cut the power grid so regular citizens can’t access money and are forced into worldwide slavery.
Is anyone surprised?