Below are five photos from Occupy Houston that I took yesterday.
1. New participants are always welcome.
2. Each day there is an agenda.
3. If you come to visit or to stay overnight–There will be some healthy food for you to eat.
4. The Occupied Wall Street Journal from the New York Occupy Wall Street effort relates the news from where this movement began.
5. This fine young citizen made his own sign, and then worked to convey his message.
There is also an Occupy Houston Facebook page. There are Occupy Facebook page for many Occupy efforts across the nation. Search Facebook for a movement near you.
The Occupy Wall Street effort is a chance for a real national movement that is free of big money and that brings many of our fellow Americans into political activity for the first time.
I ask my fellow citizens to take the time to consider the Occupy movement, and to consider if this is something that is relevant to your life.
Occupy Wall Street is about the 99% of us who can’t afford a lobbyist, and who simply want hard work and playing by the rules to lead to a decent life.