Two South Korean marines were killed and many houses were destroyed.
(Above--North Korean soldiers peering into South Korea. Like you and I, these troops in the pcture are people in a world they did not create.)
With all this trouble, I found myself wondering if Mitch McConnell and John Boehner had taken over North Korea.
A New Korean War could be used to go after President Obama in many ways---
* President Obama could be blamed for failing to keep the peace.
* When focusing on war strategy, the President could be attacked for not working on job creation.
* The need to fund the New Korean War could be used as a pretense to further gut the social safety net.
* Munitions blasted into the air during the war could be blamed for climate change--- Though even better for this purpose would be an exchange of nuclear weapons.
* Both North Korea and South Korea are in Asia. Since many Muslims live in Asia and since Obama is a Muslim, the New Korean War would be the fault of Muslims like Obama.
* And, of course, a New Korean Wr would show that this is the right time for tax cuts. The fact that the sun rises in the morning is also a reason for tax cuts.
The Republican party is very clever to take over North Korea. They will no doubt be able to cause a lot of trouble for President Obama while running North Korea.
Beyond hassling Mr. Obama, it has been more than 7 years since Republicans lied to start a war. I'm certain they feel it is time to start a new war under false pretenses.
(Above--American troops in the Korean War. The killing goes on and on. My father was a medic in the Korean War. I'm certain he saved many lives.)